The Singapore Fintech Association has launched a new subcom – Marketplace lending! Our Co-founder and CEO, Charis Liau is part of this sub committee.
The objective of this sub committee is to:
- To represent the Marketplace Lenders through coordinated and catalysed actions to support common interests of the industry.
- To nurture and build relationship among Marketplace Lenders, financial institutions, regulators and other stakeholders.
- To design and promote best practices guidelines and codes of conduct in a collaborative and open manner encouraging transparency between market participants.
- To educate, inform and communicate by developing a connected Marketplace Lending ecosystem and channeling effective and relevant information among members and externally.
- To raise awareness of the industry and to promote Marketplace Lending industry as a trusted, credible and viable mode of financing for businesses in Singapore.
Lending Landscape in Singapore
On 18 April 2018, the sub committee hosted an event at THE GREATROOM from 6.30pm to 8.30pm – in which they spoke about the “Lending Landscape in Singapore”.